About

Monday 30 April 2012


Every tall person in London seemed to be at the Lucien Freud exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery the other night.  I stood on tiptoe, ducked under elbows, even jumped a little once or twice(!) in my determination to get close to the paintings to study the subtle colours and textures of (acres of) flesh.  

I was very glad that I'd watched the recent BBC film on Freud just before going as it really helped to bring so many of the paintings alive.  The subjects of the paintings became real people.  I knew about their relationship with the painter, their histories, their feelings and frustrations with a talented and difficult man.


And to follow, up to Soho for a bowl of shio ramen at Ittenbari (which means, I am reliably informed, 'one trick pony').  Delicious and almost like being in Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...