About

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake


It's the 1970s all over again.  Pineapple upside-down cake made with tinned pineapple slices and decorated with glace cherries.  

Sadly, I couldn't get hold of any of the lurid, bright red, sticky glace cherries I remember from my childhood and had to make do with Waitrose's version, which are far too sophisticated for this pud! Looking at the photo, I think I should have got a bit frisky with the cherries and squeezed in a few more in-between the slices, don't you think?!

Served up with the juice from the can, thickened a little with cornflour.  My home economics teacher would be proud! 

1 comment:

  1. Did you watch the Great British Bake off? Loooooved it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...